- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remove and discard any giblets, then thoroughly rinse the chicken inside and out.
- Quarter the onion and place it inside the chicken with the rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and bake uncovered for 2 to 2-1/2 hours at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
- When finished cooking the chicken will no longer be pink in the center, and the juices will run clear.
- Let the chicken stand for 10 minutes before carving.