- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoons basil
- 1/4 tablespoons oregano
- 1/4 tablespoons rosemary
- 1/4 tablespoons thyme
- Remove and discard any giblets, then thoroughly rinse the chicken inside and out.
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings. Rub the mixture over the chicken, inside and out.
- Squeeze the lemons into the olive oil, then drizzle over the chicken. Baste while cooking.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
- When finished cooking the chicken will no longer be pink in the center, and the juices will run clear.
- Let the chicken stand for 10 minutes before carving.