- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Thoroughly rinse the chicken wings, discard tips.
- Mix honey, soy sauce, and garlic in a saucepan and cook on medium high until boiling.
- Place the wings in the bottom of a 9x13x2 inch (23x33x5 cm) baking dish or pan, and pour the honey mixture over the chicken. Cover with foil. Marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. Add ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake covered at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 hour, then turn the wings after 1/2 hour.
- Remove the foil cover, and bake for 15 minutes. Take the wings out of the sauce, and bake on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken wings, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
- When finished cooking the chicken will no longer be pink in the center, and the juices will run clear.