- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup part skim milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Thoroughly rinse the chicken breast, allow to dry for better absorption of seasonings.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and oregano.
- Cut a horizontal pocket into the middle of the chicken breasts using a knife. Stuff the cheese mixture into the pockets.
- Grease a large baking dish and arrange the chicken breasts evenly along the dish in a single layer, then brush with oil.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
- When finished cooking the chicken will no longer be pink in the center, and the juices will run clear.