- 10 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- Thoroughly rinse the chicken wings, discard tips.
- In a bowl mix the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Dip the wings in the mixture to coat them.
- Place the wings on the bottom of a baking sheet, and refrigerator for at least one hour. Add ground black pepper to taste.
- Combine the melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Dip the wings into the butter mixture, and place back on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Turn the wings over halfway during cooking so they cook evenly.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C).
- When finished cooking the chicken will no longer be pink in the center, and the juices will run clear.